Routledge Performance Archive is owned and operated by Informa UK Limited whose registered office is Mortimer House, 37-41 Mortimer St, London, W1T 3JH. This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to in it) explains how we will collect, process, use, and protect your personal information when you use our website and register to use our website ("Routledge Performance Archive") and any material published therein.
1 Your personal information
- 1.1 When you register on our website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information, such as your name, age, address, organization, or employer, phone number and a password (where a login has been provided) ("Personal Information"). We may also collect other information, including, but not limited to, the URL you came from, IP address, your browser type, country, and telephone area code where your computer is located and the pages of our website that you viewed.
- 1.2 We may supplement the information that you provide us with information that we receive from third parties.
2 Acceptance of terms
By using our website or submitting information to us, you:
- 2.2 consent to our collecting and processing your Personal Information in connection with the sale and distribution of Informa's services and products;
3 Use of your information
- 3.1 We may use the information that you provide or that we collect for the following purposes:
- 3.1.1 to register you with Routledge Performance Archive, to set up and manage your Informa account, and to administer our Informa products and services;
- 3.1.2 to provide any services or information you have requested;
- 3.1.3 to notify you about our products or special offers that may be of interest to you, customer services and profiling your purchasing preferences;
- 3.1.4 to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- 3.1.5 for detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
- 3.1.6 to enforce our terms and conditions of use, including carrying out security reviews to validate your identity, age, contact details, and financial information; or
- 3.1.7 in any other way as described to you at the time of collection of your Personal Information.
- 3.2 We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to assist us in providing you with any Informa service.
- 3.3 Your email address will be used to notify you of essential service information and any alerts you have requested. You may also, from time to time, receive information on services and offers available to you from Informa.
- 3.4 If you do not want us to contact you with details of our special offers, products, or services that we think you might be interested in, please tick the relevant box on the registration form or contact us at the address below.
4 Disclosure of your information
- 4.1 We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
- 4.1.1 to agents and employees of Informa to administer any accounts, products, and services provided to you now or in the future;
- 4.1.2 to agents who profile your data so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs;
- 4.1.3 to anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you;
- 4.1.4 if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- 4.1.5 to third parties who will help process or administer Informa services.
- 4.2 When you submit sensitive information via the website (such as a credit card number, the information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry - SSL.
- 4.3 While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to unlocked, or open, as will be the case for most of the time that a user is browsing the web.
6 Access to information
You have the right to make a written request for a copy of the Personal Information that we keep about you (for which we may, at our sole discretion, charge a small fee of £10) or to correct the details that we hold about you.
- 8.1 We will protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access by using commercially reasonable security measures. If your Personal Information is accessed by an unauthorized third party, we will not be responsible for any direct or indirect damage caused as a result of such unauthorized access.
- 8.2 Where we have given you a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
- 8.3 Unfortunately the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to our site. Any transmission will be at your own risk.